Getting Ready for Marriage Workbook: Knowing the Person You're Going to Marry (10 Sessions)
The saying goes "When you marry, you don't just marry an individual, you marry a whole family." But more specifically, you are marrying the influences that family has had on your spouse. Our families have shaped our views on everything from religion to finances to sex, and, whether helpful or harmful, these views are brought to our marriage and can unknowingly affect it.
Getting Ready for Marriage Workbook helps engaged couples and newlyweds:
- Learn what "ghosts" they bring to marriage
- Examine their family backgrounds
- Determine guidelines for their own marriage
Through interactive exercises, couples discover the roots of their beliefs, sight potential problem areas, and learn how to successfully work through problems. Couples are then encouraged to make their own covenants in specific areas such as financial matters, resolving conflict, religious orientation, and family planning & children—essential in building a strong marriage partnership.
- Title: Getting Ready for Marriage Workbook: Knowing the Person You're Going to Marry (10 Sessions)
- Author: Jerry D. Harding and Dianne C. Sloan
- Publishing House: Thomas Nelson
- Publication Date: 2016
- Country of Origin: United States
- Format: Paperback
- Pages: 176
- Dimensions 230 x 185 x 12mm (L x W x H)